The Foundation Agro-Centre for Education – FACE is non-profit organization founded in 2006 as a Centre of excellence for development of human resources in the areas of agriculture, food production, environment protection and rural development in Macedonia and the region. FACE’s education services satisfy the needs of the students, teachers, farmers, experts, industry managers, policy makers, civil servants and the NGO sector in Macedonia and in the region in areas of agriculture, food production, environment protection and rural development. The aim of FACE is development of the agriculture in Macedonia and the region, trough capacity building, based on non-formal and formal education.
FACE contributes towards strengthening the influence of the education over the sustainable agriculture, environmental protection and rural development, through implementation of advanced educational programs in the non-formal and formal education.
FACE’s multiple tasks:
1. To insure equal access to knowledge for students, teachers, farmers, adjacent industries, government and local administration, entrepreneurs, advisory services in agriculture, experts from private and non-governmental organizations, FACE employees and especially, but not exclusively, to the members of the rural communities;
2. To connect education and research, with emphasis on the promotion of innovative and applicable mechanisms;
3. To support of local capacity building, by education and training;
4. To foster larger number of users;
5. To implement vocational and university programs and programs from other local and foreign educational institutions;
6. To actively work on adjusting the educational programs to the needs to the market economy rules, labor market needs and public administration;
7. To mobilize and receive funding, from internal funds or from outside sources, for educational projects and services;
8. To help in creation of stable environment for development of non-formal and formal education in the field of agriculture;
9. To create a network of cooperation with local, regional and international organizations, as well as support of all inter-institutional cooperation and coordination.
FACE is based on flat structure with a governing body (Boards of Trustees and Executive Office)
The Board of Trustees embraces 7 persons, representing different stakeholders and the Executive Office with: an Executive Director, one Administrative Officer and two part-time Project Collaborators (4 employees) and a pool of more than 50 experts in different fields of work.